Hospice care is a form of palliative care, specifically for individuals with life expectancy of six months or less (as determined by their physician), whose goals for care focus on palliation (comfort measures) rather than cure of the underlying disease. Together, hospice and palliative care utilizes a team –oriented approach to expert medical care, pain management, and emotional and spiritual support, expressly tailored to a patient’s needs and wishes. Support is also provided to the patient’s loved ones and family members.
Hospice can help by:
- Managing physical symptoms and keeping the patient comfortable
- Providing emotional and/or spiritual support for patients and loved ones
- Helping with the family’s daily living activities
- Providing education about care, the disease process and changes which may occur in the patient’s condition
- Providing bereavement support to patients and loved ones Kind and knowledgeable staff members will work with patients and their loved ones to help improve your quality of life.
- A personalized plan of care will help promote comfort and a specially trained team will proved the care, under the direction of the patient’s doctor.
- Patient and loved ones need to know that they are not alone during this time. Our hospice services are only a phone call away.
Grief is a natural response to loss. Pax Villa understand that grieving is a very individual process, with the needs of each person being different